Couples / Marriage Counselling and Packages are available: 0406 005 177
Are you going over the same issues again and again and yes here it is again? Groundhog day right?
Couples / marriage counselling may help if there is something in your relationship that could be improved or changed. For example being together is not a nice place anymore, the honeymoon period has ended or there has been a tragic event or one of you has done more changing and is different.
Reasons why people seek Marriage Counselling
- Over time, your relationship has changed and instead of growing together you are growing apart
- Financial or emotional stress has created areas of conflict that you are unable to resolve
- Infidelity has caused the loss of trust in your marriage
- You struggle to communicate with each other and often argue
- You have reached a stage in life where you feel you no longer have any shared interests
- You have parenting issues
- There is a lack of intimacy
- There are no healthy boundaries
- Anger is affecting your relationship
- past trauma / events are still coming between you
There are many aspects to people that have a direct effect on the couple relationship: ancestors, relationship with mother and early childhood.
Early childhood 0 to 7 years of age creates the foundation of a person’s life and their perceived identity. Was it emotionally and physically supportive for healthy growth and development? Were basic needs met?
Woman and men think and behave differently and trying to navigate through this can seem impossible and overwhelming, Diane works together with both partners using techniques that help bring clarity, acceptance, compassion, and of course, love back into the relationship.
DIANE IS HIGHLY DISCREET AND WILL SUPPORT YOU THROUGHEACH STEP OF THE COUPLES / MARRIAGE COUNSELLING PROCESS, TO HELP TO:
- Support and listen to each other
- Make decisions and develop problem-solving skills
- Communicate effectively
- Change negative patterns
- Understand what each partner’s needs are and how to meet them
- Know values in a relationship
- Become more present in a relationship
- Understand the masculine and feminine roles within your relationship
- Increase intimacy
- Create a life plan together
- Know how your childhood could be affecting your marriage
WHAT HAPPENS IN COUPLES / MARRIAGE COUNSELLING?
Both partners have an opportunity to speak and disclose their view on what is their issue in the marriage/relationship. Each partner will be listened to equally with respect and understanding in a non judgemental environment. After the initial session as a couple each partner may be seen individually, then come back as a couple.
Why individually? When one person makes a commitment to another there also needs to be a level of understanding that the person chosen does have a past and past events and situations do determine the present. This means that the reason why we have issues in the relationship may come from past situations and with one or two individual and confidential sessions, awareness and change may occur and this can be the start of a new and different relationship for you and your partner.
Having a happy marriage is like having a mechanically sound car, if you give it a regular tune up, make sure its needs are met like oil and water then it should run smoothly for many miles to come.
However if like a car your marriage is neglected, on the “to do” list then you may become stuck, stranded on the side of the road. It wasn’t given the little tune ups along the way and now its possibly unfixable; You get out of your relationship what you put in. Yes, its work and it may be difficult to come to a stranger to help you. But with commitment and Diane’s expertise, your relationship could be everything you want it to be.
“Pearls don’t lie on the sea-shore if you want one you must dive for it”