Contact Diane today for Relationship/Marriage Counselling : 0406 005 177
Einstein’s Theory of Insanity. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
Does this sound familiar in your relationship?
Couples therapy is available in my Brisbane bayside rooms, located in Capalaba and Thornlands. My counselling style is solution focused, finding and healing the core issues then both parties can have a new perception of themselves, each other and continue to develop a mutually satisfying and loving relationship.
When there is a problem within an intimate relationship, usually the core of these issue/s started well before the individuals became a couple, either in childhood or its a systemic issue, and they then the issues become more apparent when the couples experience life stressors, such as finace’s, parenting or illness etc.
Reasons why people seek Marriage Counselling
- Over time, your relationship has changed and instead of growing together you are growing apart
- Financial or emotional stress has created areas of conflict that you are unable to resolve
- Infidelity has caused the loss of trust in your marriage
- You struggle to communicate with each other and often argue
- You have reached a stage in life where you feel you no longer have any shared interests
- You have parenting issues
- There is a lack of intimacy
- There are no healthy boundaries
- Anger is affecting your relationship
- Past trauma/events are still coming between you
Zero to Seven years of age creates the foundation of a person’s life and their perceived identity in the world, which can effect belief systems, and self-esteem and ultimately relationships.
— previous experience influence how the current reality is viewed.
Couples don’t need to just put up with being unhappy; there is a solution, couples therapy.
Brisbane Couples therapy focus on
– past traumas and negative experiences
– Tools in how to develop and sustain a loving relationship
– Education on the differences between the masculine and feminine, woman and men
– Understand how to love your spouse successfully
– Learn how to understand each other
– Develop rituals.
– Learn how to be in a loving, confident and caring functioning relationship.
Children usually want the family to stay intact, and unfortunately, at times this is not possible, therapy can then be more supportive in helping the entire family to separate with love, kindness and understanding assisting all family in members.
DIANE IS HIGHLY DISCREET AND WILL SUPPORT YOU THROUGHEACH STEP OF THE COUPLES / MARRIAGE COUNSELLING PROCESS, TO HELP TO:
- Support and listen to each other
- Make decisions and develop problem-solving skills
- Communicate effectively
- Change negative patterns
- Understand what each partner’s needs are and how to meet them
- Know values in a relationship
- Become more present in a relationship
- Understand the masculine and feminine roles within your relationship
- Increase intimacy
- Create a life plan together
- Know how your childhood could be affecting your marriage
WHAT HAPPENS IN COUPLES / MARRIAGE COUNSELLING?
Both partners have an opportunity to speak and disclose their view on what is their issue in the marriage/relationship. Each partner will be listened to equally with respect and understanding in a non judgemental environment. After the initial session as a couple each partner may be seen individually, then come back as a couple.
Why individually? When one person makes a commitment to another there also needs to be a level of understanding that the person chosen does have a past and past events and situations do determine the present. This means that the reason why we have issues in the relationship may come from past situations and with one or two individual and confidential sessions, awareness and change may occur and this can be the start of a new and different relationship for you and your partner.
Having a happy marriage is like having a mechanically sound car, if you give it a regular tune up, make sure its needs are met like oil and water then it should run smoothly for many miles to come.
However if like a car your marriage is neglected, on the “to do” list then you may become stuck, stranded on the side of the road. It wasn’t given the little tune ups along the way and now its possibly unfixable; You get out of your relationship what you put in. Yes, its work and it may be difficult to come to a stranger to help you. But with commitment and Diane’s expertise, your relationship could be everything you want it to be.
“Pearls don’t lie on the sea-shore if you want one you must dive for it”