Contact Diane Rooker Today for Relationship Counselling: 0406 005 177
As human beings we engage in different relationships every day, these include the relationship you have with yourself, your partner, children, other family members, work colleagues etc its what we do, and who teaches us how to do them well? Our relationship counselling can be for individuals, families, children, teens for all kinds of issues as mentioned below.
As individuals we are unique because of own past experiences, culture, gender, belief systems, these different parts of us can make it more difficult to have manoeuvre through relationships some are easier than others. It’s like learning how to dance together while honouring the others faults and strengths, it’s about how to accept ourselves and the other to create a healthy relationship that is satisfying and giving. My experience is that having good quality relationships can be hard work and rewarding, you will get out of your relationship what you put into it.
In a person’s lifespan, they have many relationships in a variety of situations, marriage, couples, work colleagues, families, and friends. Relationship problems may occur such as confusion, problem-solving, external influences, mistrust, dishonesty, loss of attraction, the end of a relationship, communication difficulties, having different beliefs and values, cultural and much more.
Experiencing difficulties in any relationship can cause stress and this can lead to feeling alone, sadness, confusion, low self-esteem, unable to sleep, frustration, anger, helplessness, not feeling understood or appreciated these feelings if left unsupported can lead to other mental health issues such as anxiety and depression.
When is relationship counselling helpful?
If you are experiencing any of the above issues within your relationship then relationship counseling may be helpful for you and your partner, or you may want to come in alone, it’s an opportunity to express your concerns and misunderstandings in a supportive non-judgmental and caring environment. Learn how to move forward in a positive way together or separately
You may only need one session to help clarify and understand the other.
Relationship counseling is an opportunity to
- Learn how to support the other and work together
- Problem-solving fairly
- Have a peaceful relationship
- How to say No
- Express your feelings and concerns honestly and clearly
- Communicate effectively.
- Create safe boundaries.
What issues can Counselling address
- Stress and Anxiety
- Anger, how to control it and make it work for you
- Let a history of sexual or emotional abuse make you stronger
- How to love the body you have
- Addictions – you don’t have to live with them
- Women’s issues – abortion, adoption, infertility, sexual abuse
- Men’s issues – find your inner strength and purpose, anger management
- Understand sexuality in a healthy way
- Career and work-related stress – how to get back on your path
- How to develop personal growth
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships
- Family Constellations – learn the four family principles
- Problem solving
- Effective communication
- Tools to strengthen relationships
- Understanding values
- Developing love and trust
- Learn to work together
- Learn how to re-connect and intimacy
- How to get both needs met equally
- Understand the masculine and feminine and their roles
- Effective communication skills
- “Help, I didn’t get a parenting manual when my child was born” Did you?
- Learn tools to understanding positive and negative behaviour, and why they occur
- Effective communication
Child and Adolescent
- Behavioural / emotional / social difficulties